January 09, 2008

"You look tired."



I heard this a lot in 2007. A LOT. It came from co-workers, close friends, and complete strangers. On a near-daily basis, my wife pleaded with me to get more sleep and take it easy, but '07 never seemed to grant me that luxury.

I'm a night-owl AND early-bird, constantly caffeinated and in high-gear. Always late and frequently without time to eat--or crap. Perpetually preoccupied and distracted and absorbed, simultaneously. Three jobs, an overloaded personal life, and a BILLION new beckoning distractions on the horizon. I aim to change all that this year.

In 2008, I'm catching my breath to focus. I'm zeroing in, organizing, and discarding the deadwood. Late last December, I quit my job as bike-messenger/office guy at CAT, and can now proudly say I make CETMAracks full-time. One Less Care.

Look for frequent changes around here. There are price changes happening near March, and a shift to get CETMAracks into more bike shops near you. As always, contact me if you want CETMAracks at your favorite shop.


And may you truly have a relaxing and focused 2008.

6 comments:

N1JER said...

Keep it up, seems like you are on the right track :)

Lane from CETMAracks said...

Hey, thank you very much. So far, so good!

crankedmag said...

Love them fences!

Way to go, and congrats on big life changes.

Michael

Lane from CETMAracks said...

Aw shucks, thanks. I actually sort of miss the day job (more time to daydream and all).

Frederick Ingram said...

Are prices going down :) or up :( ?

Lane from CETMAracks said...

It depends where you buy them. Prices will go up on this site but stay the same at shops.

I've experienced past conflicts with shop owners that don't want to compete with my site (free shipping/front door delivery, etc...). This is a simple and fair way to alleviate that, while supporting shops and your local economy.

Uncoated racks and "discounted/used" racks (new page coming soon) will be available only via this site, while the popular racks like 5-rail and 7-rail with and without fences will be available at a shop near you.

This change will happen near March. As usual, if you'd like these racks available at your LBS, tell me.