February 06, 2008

So long, old friend.

Yeah, believe it. It's my wallet.



Well, it was.

As part of my "purging/focusing" resolution of 2008, the beauty above has been given the boot. Years of accumulated flotsom had me feeling weighted down and stressed. I know this information doesn't mean anything to you, but perhaps you like the picture.

Two cool facts:

1. On several occasions this wallet became so completely lodged in my rear pocket that the extraction of it required the aid of pliers. I know this sounds like an exaggeration but it's not.

2. I made this wallet many years ago from the durable material of an old lawn chair.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is quite the costanza wallet...as a tribute you should probably watch this epidsode....
http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/episode_guide/?sl=episode&ep=912

Couple years ago went to ID, debit, credit and insurance card only with money clip....have not looked back.

Unknown said...

Going to try that link again...
Costanza Wallet Trailer

Lane from CETMAracks said...

Yeah. Sight of that beast elicited many references to this TV show episode.

Never saw the episode, but I'm sure that Costanza guy had nothin' on me.

gwadzilla said...

we have seen the before
what is the current state of the after?

I have tried to make a move to a different wallet system
but have yet to commit

tonight I pulled a few receipts from my wallet
it was well overdue

Dr. Logan said...

My "wallet" consists of ID, Debit Car, 1 or 2 additional cards that I've used/will use in the near future all folded into a few bills and shoved in the front pocket. Just easier to deal with than a real wallet and I've never yet encountered a problem with this arrangement. But I like the idea of a jimi wallet or a waterproof kayaking "wallet".

Lane Kagay said...

Yeah, I'm getting there. Small moves.

Frederick Ingram said...

I hope you remembered to remove any currency from the wallet before you pitched it.

Lane Kagay said...

I did. Got rid of 'em the easy way.

Anonymous said...

it was a great stuff and with good information. i enjoyed it while reading it.
Thanks!
Wire Shelving Racks