June 19, 2007

Good-bye...

Hello, friend. Hey, come over here. No, closer. Here, sit down...comfy? How's it going, buddy? That's good. Hey, I need to tell you something.

I'm afraid I have some news that may upset you. What I'm about to tell you might come as a shock, but trust me, it's nothing you can't handle. You and I are a team, and together we'll work through this. It's probably best that you're sitting....

Ready?...uh...welp...how should I say this...


...The 6-rail died last weekend.


I know it's difficult to imagine, but true. Hey, times change, as I like to say, and all good things must come to an end. We had a real blast, but now the 6-rail is gone. It's been discontinued. They're not being made anymore. No more 6-rails.

But there's a silver lining to every cloud, ya know. When one door slams shut, another always seems to open just in time. When life deals you a lemon, make an enema out of it!

The GOOD news is...

...5-rail!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This curvy new 5-rail measures the same as the 6-rail, but is made of cro-moly 4130 tubing. It uses less materials than the 6-rail, and is a full POUND lighter! It comes with an optional powder-coat, and here's the best part....it costs the same as the 6-rail!

$80!

So there it is. I know you're upset. Go ahead and cry if you need to. Don't be embarrassed. But remember to look at the bright side. Grieve, face forward, and welcome the future of the 5-rail.

5-rail!

2 comments:

crankedmag said...

Nice tubes, nice tubes indeed!

Were you aware that some swinging black 8-rail CETMAracks are being used for pizza delivery up here in Seattle? I'm sure you were, but were you aware that yours truly is delivering pizzas with them once a week in the fine Ballard area of Seattle?

Check out Snoose Junction Pizza and of course some pictures of this CETMA action.

Lane from CETMAracks said...

Hey!! Yes, I DID know about Snoose, but I didn't know about Mister Webber slingin' pies for 'em!

Get ready for three new 7-rails coming to Snoose. Cro-mo tubing, 12"x17" platform, curved corners like the 5-rail, and a matte black powder-coat finish.

Top secret.